Rayon Carbon / Graphite Felt
Our soft Rayon Carbon Felts and Graphite Felts is a high quality insulation for vacuum and inert gas furnaces where the max. temperature can be up to 3000°C or 5432°F. Rayon Graphite Felt is the ideal choice for vacuum furnaces or process temperatures above 2000°C or 3992°F due to its low shrinkage and negligible gas evolution below 3000°C or 5432°F. Rayon Graphite Felt also features enhanced oxidation resistance. For special requirements, it can be purified to less than 10 ppm in total ash content. Rayon Carbon Felt is a lower-cost alternative to grade Rayon Graphite Felt for applications where chemical purity is not as critical. Due to unique structure of Rayon Carbon Fiber, Rayon felt can offer long service life and the body will not itch during contact with the felt.
- Vacuum and High Pressure Sintering Industry: Heat Insulation for Metal Sintering, Non Oxide Ceramics, Tungsten Carbide manufacturing
- Vacuum Treatment Industry: Heat Insulation for Commercial Heat Treat Furnaces, Hardening, Tempering, etc.
- Crystal Growing Industry: Heat Insulation for silicon, Sic, Indium phosphide, Gallium Arsenide, Sapphire, Optical Crystals, Solar Ingots
- Special Casting Industry: Heat Insulation for precision casting of DS/SC turbine engine components and Metal Matrix Composites
- Graphitizing/CVD Applications: Heat Insulation for High Modulus Carbon Fiber Production, Halogen purification Furnaces
- Electronic/Semiconductor Industry: Heat Insulation for Materials for various precursor applications
- Aerospace Industry: Hot isostatic process furnaces, heat treating, sintering, brazing furnaces, autoclaves
- Solar cells: graphite felt electrode in the vanadium redox flow battery
- Filtering materials of scorching gas, liquid and fused metal
- Perforated electrode of fuel battery
- Catalyst carrier
- Face of corrosion resistant materials
- Semi Conductor: as insulation boards and cylinders using together with high purified graphite crucibles, heating elements and other elements within the hot zone
- As the raw materials for producing Rigid Felt boards
- The 2.5 mm – 3 mm thick rayon graphite felt to be cut into strips as the light and heat filament in “BATHROOMMASTER” and “Quartz tube heating lamp”
- Furnace – resistance or induction heated vacuum furnaces and inert gas furnaces, such as degassing furnaces, brazing furnaces, soft and bright annealing furnaces, sintering furnaces for hard metals, carburizing furnaces, laboratory graphitizing furnaces; inductively heated melting and heat treatment furnaces, in which a proportion of the ceramic insulating material is replaced by felt in order to increase the electrical efficiency and prevent the liquid metal from coming into contact with the induction coil in the event of crucible fracture (no wetting).
- Thermal insulation, as filters, and as catalyst support
- Porous electrodes
- Turbine blade manufacturing